It was a convent chapel connected to Saint-André-le-Bas of Vienna. Hermits were known to utilize the site between the 16th and 18th centuries. Thus, the site was given the name Hermitage. Legend says that a knight, who settled next to the chapel, was the first to plant vines and first to produce wine in the area. In 1919, the Jaboulet Family purchased the chapel. Today, this is a wine house owned by Paul Jaboulet Aîné.
Invented by Marc Seguin, the footbridge is famous for being the first bridge over the Rhône river to use wire cables as a suspension technique. This is an accurate replica of the footbridge from 1825. The previous was torn down due to safety reasons.
This was named after a local literary man. This served as a teaching space since the Renaissance era. In 1536, the college level was founded by the Cardinal of Tournon. By 1548, the high school level was started. Today, it houses a rich gallery of tapestries, paintings, and historical books.
When Pont du Roi bridge was constructed over Doux in the late 15th century, Boucleu le Roi reached its heyday. This was used as a passage of French and Spanish nobles and their representatives. Likewise, this was used for the exchanging of goods between the areas on both sides of this border.
It took almost 50 years to construct the architectural plans of this chapel. It has the classic Jesuit style façade.
It features a lovely spiral staircase with a beautiful overlooking view of the village. The tower has a chimney located next to the Guards Room.
This comes with 35 stations featuring Christ’s journey to the Calvary. Every year, during Good Friday, people tread this path starting from the Church.
This church marked as a historical monument with a Gothic style. It was built in the 11th century and was embellished by the Lord of Imbert in the 15th century.
This marks the midway point between the North Pole and the Equator, having a circle of a latitude of 45 degrees north of the equator.
When La Roche de Glun was granted the Charter of Liberties from Humbert II du Dauphiné, there were two gates with only one access to the village. Only this gateway persisted through the test of time.
This dated back to the medieval era. Today, this structure houses a rich exhibit of artistic sculptures.
This tower is the only remaining vestige of a feudal castle dated back in the 11th century. It features an overlooking view of the nearby village and valley.
This castle was built in the 11th century at the center of Drôme des Collines. The surrounding trees give a serene atmosphere.
It was artistically built with a Gothic style structure, surrounded by small chapels. By the 18th century, shops replaced these small chapels. It gained its collegiate status by 1316 up to the revolution period.
Under the leadership of Claude dela Tour Turelle of Tournon, a rampart protecting the city was built. Twelve towers previously fortified this rampart. Now, only two remained standing. This is the one with a statue of the Virgin.
This is the other tower of the city’s old rampart that remained standing today. Pierregourde is the north tower that served as a watched tower.
This Romanesque church was built sometime between the 11th and 12th centuries. Its architectural design reflects unity. This church is a historical landmark of the Northern Drôme.
This is an antique seigneurial oven from the 1550s and was utilized until the late 19th century. The Association des Amis de la Tous refurbished the oven. Presently, tourists can visit the oven in the town hall.
This chapel is over 1000 years old standing. This is relatively well-maintained after 8 years of restoration and repair. Today, Catholic masses are still held in the chapel.
The church was built in the 12th century. It houses rich ancient heritage, including the church itself, its organs, the priory, and the cloister.
This church was sanctified in 1492 but met its collapse in the 17th century. It was rebuilt but Boucleu village never regained its heyday. In the 19th century, the church was transformed with a new spiritual vitality with Pierre Vigne.
This church’s chancel and crypt are historical landmarks which dated back in the 11th century. It was artistically built with Byzantine capital stands and arches, lined with graceful columns and colored ceilings.
This picturesque mansion was built with an elegant courtyard. Its facade creates balance in the entire view. Inside, it houses mullion windows and a 15th-century spiral staircase.
The Watchtower of this structure is evidence of the pinnacle of Boucleu in the 15th and 16th centuries. However, this is not presently available for public visits.
Built crossing over Tournon sur Rhône and Saint-Jean-de-Muzols, the construction of the Grand Pont required 100 years of labor. It bears the largest arch in the world, measuring 51 meters.
This castle provided shelter for Lords of Larnage in the 12th century. Some of its vestiges include the vineyards surrounding the castle and the Terres Blanches hill.